We exist to provide a martial arts program that serves the Bellbrook/Sugarcreek community in an environment where we enjoy and declare the good news of Jesus Christ for the joy of all peoples.
Our Main Objectives
- To develop godly character traits such as humility, discipline, respect, and self-control
- To provide the skills necessary to defend oneself and others
- To honor our Creator through improved health and physical fitness
We use the Zen Ryu Karate system, founded by Grand Master Mike Curl. Zen Ryu Karate is a Christian program and does not include the Eastern religion/philosophy components prevalent in some programs. Grand Master Curl carries the rank of Black Belt in nine different systems, including Karate, Jiujitsu, Aikijitsu, Kung Fu, and Combat Self Defense.
Guardian FMA is led by the Sanders family, members of Sovereign Grace Church.
- Sensei Paula Sanders: Zen Ryu Karate - Black Belt; Taekwondo - Temp Black Belt; Aikijitsu - Black Belt pending
- Asst. Instructor Ben Sanders: Taekwondo – Temp. Black Belt; Karate - Brown/Black; Aikijitsu
- Asst. Instructor Rebekah Sanders: Taekwondo – Temp. Black Belt; Karate
- Asst. Instructor Brad Sanders: Karate – Brown-2 Belt; Aikijitsu; Hapkido
- Asst. Instructor Matthew Sanders: Karate – Brown-2 Belt
To reduce the risk of injury, before beginning this or any exercise program, please consult a healthcare provider for appropriate exercise prescription and safety precautions. The exercise instruction and advice presented are in no way intended as a substitute for medical consultation. As with any exercise program, if at any point during your workout you begin to feel faint, dizzy, or have physical discomfort, you should stop immediately and consult a physician.